It’s that time of year again! Twice a year, every winter and summer, High Peaks Pure Earth updates the Tibet Reading List, helping you to fill those long summer days on the beach, in parks, in cafes, in the library or on the move. We couldn’t possibly put the list together alone, thank you to various readers who have been in touch via Twitter or email with reading recommendations.
We’ve added the following eleven books to the existing list:
- “Undercover Journey Through Tibet” By Ajam
- “Explorers and Scientists in China’s Borderlands, 1880-1950″ Edited by Denise M. Glover, Stevan Harrell, Charles F. McKhann, and Margaret Byrne Swain
- “Geographical Diversions: Tibetan Trade, Global Transactions” By Tina Harris
- “A Hundred Thousand White Stones” By Kunsang Dolma
- “Healing Elements: Efficacy and the Social Ecologies of Tibetan Medicine” By Sienna R. Craig
- “Tibet in the Western Imagination” By Thomas Neuhaus
- “The Taming of the Demons: Violence and Liberation in Tibetan Buddhism” By Jacob P. Dalton
- “Manufacturing Tibetan Medicine: The Creation of an Industry and the Moral Economy of Tibetanness” By Martin Saxer
- “Ballad of the Himalayas: Stories of Tibet” By Ma Yuan
- “The Tibetan Suitcase: A Novel” By Tsering Namgyal Khortsa
- “His Holiness the 17th Karmapa Ogyen Trinley Dorje – A Biography” by Tsering Namgyal Khortsa
Click through the links to see short descriptions of the books or see them all together on our Amazon page: http://bit.ly/12kh3LG
As always, we encourage readers who have read any of these books to leave a comment or submit a short review… if you do have any of your own recommendations, please let us know!
To see the reading list in full, please visit the permanent link on our site: http://highpeakspureearth.com/category/reading-list/