Now that we’re well into the winter period, High Peaks Pure Earth presents the Winter 2015/16 Reading List – books on all aspects of Tibet!
We’ve updated our Summer 2015 reading list from last August with nine more titles.
A big thank you to “Tweeps” who responded to our call for suggestions for the reading list: @RobbieBarnett, @ChinaHotline & @triciamkehoe.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have your own recommendation or to write your own short reviews in the comments.
We’ve added the following nine books to the existing reading list:
- “Tibet On Fire: Self-Immolations Against Chinese Rule” By Woeser
- “Songs of the Arrow” By Bhuchung D Sonam
- “Labrang Monastery: A Tibetan Buddhist Community on the Inner Asian Borderlands, 1709-1958” By Paul Kocot Nietupsk
- “Changes on the Roof of the World: Reflections on Tibet” By Jigme Yeshe Lama (Ed.)
- “Tibetan Environmentalists in China: The King of Dzi” By Liu Jianqiang, Translated by Ian Rowen; Cyrus K. and Emily T. Yeh
- “Tibetan Zen: Discovering a Lost Tradition” By Sam van Schaik
- “JFK’s Forgotten Crisis: Tibet, the CIA, and the Sino-Indian War” By Bruce Riedel
- “Muslims in Amdo Tibetan Society: Multidisciplinary Approaches” By Marie-Paule Hille (Ed), Bianca Horlemann (Ed), Paul K. Nietupski (Ed)
- “A Bonpo Painting of Protector Deities” By Samten Karmay
Click through each of the above links to see short descriptions of the books. Happy reading!
To see the reading list in full, please visit the permanent link on our site: http://highpeakspureearth.com/category/reading-list/
This post is also available in: English