Now that we’re well into the summer, High Peaks Pure Earth presents the Summer 2015 Reading List – books on all aspects of Tibet!
We’ve updated our Winter 2014 reading list with twelve more titles covering the span of the entire Tibetan Buddhist world.
A big thank you to “Tweeps” who responded to our call for suggestions for the reading list: @RobbieBarnett, @AndrewQuintman, @CMcGranahan, @eccentricparab, @GJosephRoche & @triciamkehoe
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have your own recommendation or to write your own short reviews in the comments.
We’ve added the following twelve books (in no particular order) to the existing reading list:
- “The Dalai Lama and Emperor of China” By Peter Schwieger
- “A Historical Atlas of Tibet” By Karl Ryavic
- “Fire & Ice” By Jonathan Mingle
- “Rituals of Ethnicity” By Sara Shneiderman
- “Trails of the Tibetan Tradition: Papers for Elliot Sperling” By Roberto Vitali (ed.)
- “The Holy Madmen of Tibet” By David M. DiValerio
- “The Life of the Buddha” By Tenzin Chogyel
- “Oral and Literary Continuities in Modern Tibetan Literature” By Lama Jabb
- “Muslim, Trader, Nomad, Spy” By Sulmaan Wasif Khan
- “The Lama Question” By Christopher Kaplonski
- “Sinophobia: Anxiety, Violence, and the Making of Mongolian Identity” By Franck Bille
- “The Noodle Maker of Kalimpong: The Untold Story of My Struggle for Tibet” By Gyalo Thondup and Anne F. Thurston
Click through each of the above links to see short descriptions of the books. Happy reading!
To see the reading list in full, please visit the permanent link on our site: http://highpeakspureearth.com/category/reading-list/
This post is also available in: English