A Happy New Year to all High Peaks Pure Earth readers! We hope you had a restful break over the holidays and have welcomed 2022 in peacefully.
In 2021 we published fifteen posts, sent out fourteen editions of the newsletter and branched out to posting some content exclusively on our social media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Be sure to follow us! We’d like to thank all readers, newsletter subscribers and social media friends for your continued support.
It is our custom to start the new year with an overview of the most read posts of the previous year. Here is our round-up of our posts that were popular over 2021:
View this post on Instagram
1. The translations of two videos that emerged from Lhasa at the end of June 2021 were posted on our social media channels and quickly racked up thousands of views and hundreds of shares. The Chinese government had been celebrating the CCP’s centenary and projecting slogans onto sacred sites for Tibetans such as the Potala Palace.
2. Our Tibet Reading Lists continued to be popular this year, in particular the Summer 2021 Tibet Reading List ranking highly. We also published the Winter 2021 Tibet Reading List last month so please take a look!
3. Our translation of a post about Tibetan musical notation attracted a lot of fascination. If you haven’t seen the beautiful images on the post yet, be sure to check them out.
4. A video we translated of interviews with Tibetan students and their views on homosexuality presented a chance to hear about a topic usually not openly discussed.
5. Popular translations on High Peaks Pure Earth in 2021 continued to be of Woeser’s blog. As regular readers know, Woeser is one of the most prolific Tibetans online and this general link to her articles is one of the most-clicked links on the site: https://highpeakspureearth.com/category/key-voices/woeser/
Those were the highlights of last year, do stay with us in 2022!