It might be a little late in the summer but there are still some long days and nights left during which to catch up on some Tibet-related reading! High Peaks Pure Earth presents the Summer 2016 Reading List – books on all aspects of Tibet!
We’ve updated our Winter 2015/16 reading list with nine more titles covering the span of the entire Tibetan Buddhist world.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have your own recommendation or to write your own short reviews in the comments.
We’ve added the following nine books (in no particular order) to the existing reading list:
- “Rehearsing the State: The Political Practices of the Tibetan Government-in-Exile” By Fiona McConnell
- “China and Tibet – The Perils of Insecurity” By Tsering Topgyal
- “Tibetan Printing: Comparison, Continuities, and Change” By Hildegard Diemberger, Franz-Karl Ehrhard and Peter Kornicki (eds.)
- “Ethnic Conflict and Protest in Tibet and Xinjiang: Unrest in China’s West” By Ben Hillman and Gray Tuttle (eds.)
- “The Tenth Karmapa & Tibet’s Turbulent Seventeenth Century” By Karl Debreczeny and Gray Tuttle (eds.)
- “The Tibetan Nonviolent Struggle: A Strategic and Historical Analysis” By Tenzin Dorjee (Tendor)
- “Religion and Modernity in the Himalaya” By Megan Adamson Sijapati and Jessica Vantine Birkenholtz (eds.)
- “The Agendas of Tibetan Refugees: Survival Strategies of a Government-in-Exile in a World of Transnational Organizations” By Thomas Kauffmann
- “Tibet on Fire: Buddhism, Protest, and the Rhetoric of Self-Immolation” By John Whalen-Bridge
Click through each of the above links to see short descriptions of the books.
Special mentions also to the below writings perhaps of interest to readers:
- “The Golden Valley: The Untold Story of the Other Cultural Center of Tibet” By David C Huber
- “Nonviolent Action: The Ultimate Sacrifice” By CJ Hinke